Motorcars and picnic sets go together like tea and toast!
Why let the Edwardians have all the fun. No more fast food meals. Eat hot food like a person. Boil some water, make some toast, have a sandwich.
In this video I cover all the basics for putting together a travel picnic kit you can keep in your vehicle. I discuss all the upgrades I made to sculpt my ideal picnic hamper.
- Non vintage items pictured in this video:
- Coglan’s Folding Stove‘ $8
- Trangia Spirit Burner with Screwcap $14
- Esbit 3 piece camping cook set $22
- GSI Folding Toaster $10
- GSI Folding Handle Frying non stick pan $24
- White Enamelware Mug with lid $14
- Folding Serrated pairing knife $14 (not pictured but I WANT ONE
- Grid-it 5″x7” $14
- SS Folding Fruit Knife (Ebay) $1…yes $1
For this project I recommend the CAMPER Swiss Army Knife Model . This one has the corkscrew, the bottle opener and a can tapper. The saw can be used for cutting baguettes, at least I have used it for that. Mine wasn’t vintage when I bought it 35 years ago, but it is now. They are about $25 but go on sale periodically. Worth every penny.