Also from Carpentry & Mechanics for Boys by Albert Neely Hall 1918. Is this nifty DIY Yarn Swift. Hardwood yarn winders can be pricey, but cobbling one together with spools sticks and knitting needles can be a good project for those of us who are housebound. The directions spanned over 7 pages but I condensed it to 4 images for space.
- 1918 Homemade Yarn Swift/Winder
- 1918 anti-influenza / epidemic masks
- Give your bicycle a suitable home
- Keeping out the cold
- 19th century handmade household headwear
- weave a wheel rug
- what to do when you run out of things to do
- pillow talk
- crazy for crazy work
- patchwork rugs
- soap papers
- here hold this spool
- rags mean money
- Sew a Scissor Case
- When was Raggedy Ann born?