I don’t clip a lot of hats, usually things that have a function. I was dusting the cobwebs and I realized how important a Sweeping Cap would be in 1885. The Gentleman’s house cap, would keep one’s head warm indoors, in the decades before central heating and Rogaine. Th Sunbonnets may have fallen out of fashion, but were very important to stave off sunburn before sunblock was invented, and would protect the forehead, nose and nape of the neck.
- 1918 Homemade Yarn Swift/Winder
- 1918 anti-influenza / epidemic masks
- Give your bicycle a suitable home
- Keeping out the cold
- 19th century handmade household headwear
- weave a wheel rug
- what to do when you run out of things to do
- pillow talk
- crazy for crazy work
- patchwork rugs
- soap papers
- here hold this spool
- rags mean money
- Sew a Scissor Case
- When was Raggedy Ann born?